Below is the meeting minutes for the May 2 TSC meeting/OpenSDS Mini Summit.
I propose we have a TSC meet up in the Bay Area on May 17, Thursday 1-4pm to follow up issues we discussed at the OpenSDS Mini Summit last week. Best
if you can attend in person, if no there’s always the dial-in option. Let me know if you are available for the meeting.
Allen do you mind hosting again as we discussed previously?
OpenSDS TSC Meeting May 2, 2018
Attendees: Rakesh Jain, Steven Tan, Kei Kusunoki, Yusuke Sato, Xing Yang, Makoto Kawabata (HPE)
- General Discussions
- Aruba Development Status
- Bali and Capri Roadmap Features
- Kei proposed starting regular bi-weekly EUAC meetings, proposed start May 21 week. Time is 10:00am JST
Kei introduced HPE Makoto Kawabata-san to OpenSDS. Kawabata-san will discuss internally regarding OpenSDS participation
- Xing updated on Aruba status
- Request from NTT to package with keystone and config in dashboard for tenant management in Aruba. Xing to check resource
- Yahoo Japan requests native driver support for Huawei OceanStor V3 for replication
- Kei indicates hybrid cloud is important for NTT. Data stored in NTT to be replicated to AWS, Azure, Google
- Rakesh highlighted importance of supporting Kubernetes federation with OpenSDS multi-cloud
- Rakesh mentioned KPN is ok with using Cinder driver for IBM SVC so no native driver is required
- Bali feature priorities
- Multi cloud - AWS, Azure
- S3 object
- Multi OpenStack
- Monitoring – a way to monitor performance QoS
- Metering – start with capacity usage configurable
- Replication configurable through a single dashboard
- Thin OpenSDS
- Swordfish to be moved to Capri unless we have more evidence of multi-vendor support
- Group snapshot/replication
- To be discussed
i. Data migration?
ii. CSI (for Mesos? Docker?)
iii. Data migration (offline/online)
- Capri feature priorities
- File support (may need to pull this into Bali for Yahoo and Swisscom)
- Performance QoS
- SDN support for Contrail ONOS requested by NTT
- VMware support?
Extras from the Mini Summit:
- Linbit officially joined OpenSDS with Linux Foundation PR annoucement
- Jay Bryant officially joined OpenSDS TSC
- KPN requested FC support, will be delivered in Aruba
- LinBit will provide volume driver for LinStor block storage