Date

[Meeting Reminder] SODA Global Community Meeting - 30-Oct, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Hope you are doing well. We have the SODA Global Community Meeting tomorrow. Please join!

SODA Global Community meeting is a regular sync-up meeting for discussing all the technical and ecosystem related aspects with all the members of the SODA community. It is open to all.

SODA Global Community Meeting
When: 30-Oct, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC
(https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ for getting your local time. Select (UTC) on the left side)
Where: Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/854038970
What: Detailed Information/Agenda: http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting
Please join.
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

[Meeting Notes] SODA Global Community Meeting - 16-Oct, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Thanks a lot for joining the SODA Global Community Meeting today.

Please find the detailed meeting notes at
http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting
Please add your topics for future meetings in the above link

Summary
  • MultiCloud Design / Support Updates :
    1. Discussed Supported features and plan. Addition of file/block backends for Huawei Cloud

  • SODA v1.1.0 Greenland Release Feedback
    1. Installer cleanup issue

    2. NTT tested for VMware, NetApp NAS and multicloud (Dashboard issues will be raised)

    3. Installer improvement meeting to be planned (Team Osive, Noel, Others)

  • Hawaii Release planning

    1. Initial at https://github.com/sodafoundation/soda/blob/master/roadmap.md

    2. Analysis & prioritize

Stay safe and have a nice weekend.
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

[Meeting Reminder] SODA Global Community Meeting - 16-Oct, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Hope you are doing well. We have the SODA Global Community Meeting Today. Please join!

SODA Global Community meeting is a regular sync-up meeting for discussing all the technical and ecosystem related aspects with all the members of SODA community. It is open to all.

SODA Global Community Meeting
When: 16-Oct, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC
(https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ for getting your local time. Select (UTC) on the left side)
Where: Zoom Link:  https://zoom.us/j/854038970
What: Detailed Information/Agenda: http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting

Please share the meeting information to all interested members
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"
-

[Meeting Notes] SODA Global Community Meeting - 02-Oct, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Thanks a lot for joining the SODA Global Community Meeting today.
(Though some of you are on holidays, esp in India and China, still you joined!:)

Please find the detailed meeting notes at
http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting
Please add your topics for future meetings in the above link

Summary

Stay safe , have a nice weekend / holidays.
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

[Meeting Reminder] SODA Global Community Meeting - 02-Oct, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Hope you are doing well. We have the SODA Global Community Meeting Tomorrow. Please join!

SODA Global Community meeting is a regular sync-up meeting for discussing all the technical and ecosystem related aspects with all the members of its community. It is open to all.

SODA Global Community Meeting
When: 02-Oct, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC
(https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ for getting your local time. Select (UTC) on the left side)
Where: Zoom Link:  https://zoom.us/j/854038970
What: Detailed Information/Agenda: http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting

Please share the meeting information to all interested members
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"
-

Re: SODA v1.1.0 Greenland Released!

Steven Tan

Thank you to all the SODA developers for all the hard work put into getting Greenland delivered. Stay safe and take a well-deserved break!

From: <general@...> on behalf of Sanil Kumar <skdsanil@...>
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 7:54 AM
To: <general@...>, <soda-china-community@...>, <soda-japan-community@...>
Subject: [SODA General] SODA v1.1.0 Greenland Released!

We are happy to announce SODA v1.1.0 Greenland Release
https://github.com/sodafoundation/soda/releases/tag/v1.1.0SODA Open Data Framework (ODF) Greenland release adds unified heterogeneous storage performance monitoring, enhanced resource/ alert management and integrates with Prometheus and Kafka to offer deep visibility and insights into cloud-native environments. It comes with added file/block cloud support along with existing object cloud backends. ODF delivers integrated data management and enables seamless data mobility between on-premise and multi-cloud.
It also provides the first experiment for Edge Data Management with SODA along with KubeEdge, a Kubernetes native edge computing platform & a CNCF project
Greenland: Together we can meet the challenge and grow to the best!
Thanks for all the support from each of you to make this happen on time!

-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

[...]

Re: [SODA GB] Press Release: Welcome New Members Seagate & JDSF and upcoming Greenland release

larry@...

Welcome Seagate and JDSF! Thank you for your support for the project.

I look forward to working closely with you for SODA related activities.

Larry

From:        "Steven Tan" <steven@...>
To:        "general@..." <general@...>
Cc:        <tsuneo.takagi@...>, "'力石高綱'" <tchikaraishi@...>, <tchikaraishi@...>, David Allen <david.j.allen@...>, Jason Feist <jason.m.feist@...>, <toru.takano@...>, Natalie Fine <nfine@...>, "赵鹏慧" <zhaopenghui1935@...>
Date:        09/23/2020 12:56 PM
Sent by:        board@...

Hi All Please join me in welcoming Seagate Technology and Japan Data Storage Forum...

This Message Is From an External Sender

Hi All

Please join me in welcoming Seagate Technology and Japan Data Storage Forum (JDSF) to SODA Foundation

As the industry leader in data storage and management solutions, Seagate participation is instrumental to the growth of the open data autonomy ecosystem.

JDSF is the leading storage-related organization in Japan, its participation helps SODA aligns its roadmap with the needs of manufacturers, systems integrators and users in Japan and beyond.

“We see the SODA Foundation’s open source approach to data movement and management API’s enabling hybrid cloud storage architecture management as key to datasphere growth,” said Ken Claffey, Vice President, Enterprise Data Solutions, Seagate Technology.”

“The SODA Foundation represents a global collaboration on the future of data mobility in every environment,” said Takatsuna Chikaraishi, Chairman at JDSF. “It’s a natural move for us to join the Foundation and help advance an open data framework for everyone.”

I am also happy to announce the upcoming Open Data Framework Greenland release

It includes Storage Performance Monitoring (SPM), SODA CSI plug-and-play, multi-cloud file services, KubeEdge integration and file support for NetApp ONTAP, among others.

  • SPM offers a unified view in heterogeneous storage environments and integrates with tools such as Prometheus and Kafka to provide deep visibility and insights into cloud native environments.
  • SODA CSI plug-and-play enables multi-vendor CSI storage to be managed by the SODA Open Data Framework, simplifying storage management for Kubernetes.
  • Multi-cloud file services offer support for Google Cloud Platform in addition to AWS and Azure
  • KubeEdge integration experimental feature provides a first glimpse into edge data
  • management with SODA.
  • File Support for NetApp ONTAP and more South Bound Drivers enables more on-premise Data Center use cases.

Below is the full press release:

https://sodafoundation.io/announcements/soda-foundation-announces-new-framework-release-to-support-data-mobility-from-edge-to-core-to-cloud-welcomes-new-members/

Regards,

STEVEN TAN

SODA Foundation Chairman

steven@...

Re: [SODA EUAC] Press Release: Welcome New Members Seagate & JDSF and upcoming Greenland release

Sanil Kumar

Welcome Seagate and JDSF to SODA Family. Looking forward to a great collaboration.
We are growing stronger with the continued support of our community :)
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 1:26 AM Steven Tan <steven@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: Press Release: Welcome New Members Seagate & JDSF and upcoming Greenland release

shane.wang@...

Welcome!!

Regards.

--

Shane

[...]

P Sainath@wipro.com

Welcome Seagate and JDSF to SODA Foundation.

Thanks for joining the foundation and making it an even stronger team.

Regards,

Sainath.

From:        "Steven Tan" <steven@...>
To:        "general@..." <general@...>
Cc:        <tsuneo.takagi@...>, "'力石高綱'" <tchikaraishi@...>, <tchikaraishi@...>, David Allen <david.j.allen@...>, Jason Feist <jason.m.feist@...>, <toru.takano@...>, Natalie Fine <nfine@...>, "赵鹏慧" <zhaopenghui1935@...>
Date:        09/23/2020 12:56 PM
[...]

Rupal Shirpurkar

Welcome Seagate and JDSF team to SODA foundation.

Kudos to the entire team on Greenland release milestone!

We are moving SODA forward leading the storage industry with our strength and unique approach.

Regards

Rupal Shirpurkar

Business Head (Cloud BU – APAC )  | Click2Cloud Inc. | www.click2cloud.net

Email: rupal.shirpurkar@... |  Mobile: +1 (425) 999-1964, +91 9595398119|in

[...]

Re: 答复: [SODA General] SODA Online Meetup on 12th September 2020

Xin Zhong(联通集团联通云数据有限公司本部)

​Hi,

It's a pity I missed this online meetup. Can you give me the slides of all the speech? Thanks!