Date

[Meeting Reminder] SODA Global Community Meeting - 10-July, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Hope you are doing well. We have the SODA Global Community Meeting Tomorrow. Please join!
SODA Global Community meeting is a regular sync-up meeting for discussing all the technical and ecosystem related aspects with all the members of its community. It is open to all.

SODA Global Community Meeting
When: 10-July, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC
(https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ for getting your local time. Select (UTC) on the left side)
Where: Zoom Link:  https://zoom.us/j/854038970
What: Detailed Information/Agenda: http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 7:03 AM Sanil Kumar <skdsanil@...> wrote:
Dear All,
We have the SODA Global Community Meeting Today. Please join!

SODA Global Community meeting is a regular sync up meeting for discussing all the technical and ecosystem related aspects with all the members of its community. It is open to all.

Detailed Information/Agenda: http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting
When: 26-June, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC
(https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ for getting your local time. Select (UTC) on the left side)
 -
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

Launch of SODA Foundation

Steven Tan

Hi All

We officially launched SODA Foundation on Monday, Jun 29.

I would like to thank everyone for coming together to make this possible.

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/press-release/2020/06/soda-foundation-gains-new-investments-expands-charter-to-address-increasing-need-for-data-autonomy/

We also announced SODA Faroe Release, the v1.0 of the SODA Open Data Framework. Faroe added block and file for multicloud, storage resource management and telemetry, Alibaba cloud support, and other great features as listed here:

https://github.com/sodafoundation/releases/releases/tag/v1.0.0

Another announcement we made is that China Unicom donated YIG project, an object storage project to SODA Foundation. We are creating a SODA Incubator program to help the accelerate the development and adoption of YIG as well as other projects joining SODA. Details of the program will be published soon and we welcome projects interested in joining.

We have interesting plans for the rest of the year. Stay safe.

Regards,

STEVEN TAN

SODA Foundation Chairman

steven@...

SODA v1.0 Faroe Release is announced!

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Along with SODA Launch, we announced our first major version v1.0 - SODA Faroe - Release.
We have some interesting features  added to this release:
  • Storage Resource Management and Telemetry Framework across heterogeneous storages
  • Multi-cloud File/Block Support
  • More multi-cloud backend support
  • SODA API Specification Draft (RFC)
  • Enhanced installer, documentation and dashboard, and more.
Please test and share your feedback/issues at https://github.com/sodafoundation/releases/issues
It will help us to improve our releases.
Thank you.
The SODA Team

Re: SODA Foundation Officially Launched at Linux Foundation Open Source Summit North America Today!

Steven Tan

Thank you all for your support and making this launch a success!

Steven Tan
VP & CTO Cloud Solution, Storage
OpenSDS TSC Chairman
Email: steven.tan@...
————————————————————————
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information from Futurewei/Huawei, which are intended only for the person or entity whose email address appears above. Any use of the information attached or contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or any unapproved dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or response email immediately and delete this original message.

From:        "Sanil Kumar" <general+owner@...>
To:        general@...
Date:        06/29/2020 09:17 AM
Sent by:        general@...

Dear All,
SODA Foundation has been officially launched today
at Linux Foundation Open Source Summit North America by Jim Zemlin, Executive Director, VP&CTO, Linux Foundation, and Steven Tan, Board Chair, SODA Foundation.

Linux Foundation press release here :

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/press-release/2020/06/soda-foundation-gains-new-investments-expands-charter-to-address-increasing-need-for-data-autonomy/

We take this opportunity to thank each and every community member and supporters of the SODA Foundation!

Thanks a lot.
Team SODA Foundation.

Re: SODA Foundation Officially Launched at Linux Foundation Open Source Summit North America Today!

shane.wang@...

Big congratulations!

From:        "Sanil Kumar" <general+owner@...>
To:        general@...
Date:        06/29/2020 09:17 AM
Sent by:        general@...

Dear All,
SODA Foundation has been officially launched today
at Linux Foundation Open Source Summit North America by Jim Zemlin, Executive Director, VP&CTO, Linux Foundation, and Steven Tan, Board Chair, SODA Foundation.

Linux Foundation press release here :

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/press-release/2020/06/soda-foundation-gains-new-investments-expands-charter-to-address-increasing-need-for-data-autonomy/

We take this opportunity to thank each and every community member and supporters of the SODA Foundation!

Thanks a lot.
Team SODA Foundation.

Re: 答复: [SODA General] SODA Foundation Officially Launched at Linux Foundation Open Source Summit North America Today!

Xin Zhong(联通集团联通云数据有限公司本部)

From:        "Sanil Kumar" <general+owner@...>
To:        general@...
Date:        06/29/2020 09:17 AM
Sent by:        general@...

Dear All,
SODA Foundation has been officially launched today
at Linux Foundation Open Source Summit North America by Jim Zemlin, Executive Director, VP&CTO, Linux Foundation, and Steven Tan, Board Chair, SODA Foundation.

Linux Foundation press release here :

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/press-release/2020/06/soda-foundation-gains-new-investments-expands-charter-to-address-increasing-need-for-data-autonomy/

We take this opportunity to thank each and every community member and supporters of the SODA Foundation!

Thanks a lot.
Team SODA Foundation.

Re: SODA Foundation Officially Launched at Linux Foundation Open Source Summit North America Today!

Chagam, Anjaneya

Nice!!!

From:        "Sanil Kumar" <general+owner@...>
To:        general@...
Date:        06/29/2020 09:17 AM
[...]

[Meeting Notes] SODA Global Community Meeting - 26-June, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Thanks a lot for joining the SODA Global Community Meeting today.
Please find the detailed MoM at

2. Multicloud API Discussions on File and Block Services
3. CSI Plug and Play status
4. Overall Faroe Release Status
5. Open Source Summit North America, SODA Launch and Release.

Have a nice weekend and Stay Safe...
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 7:03 AM Sanil Kumar <skdsanil@...> wrote:
Dear All,
We have the SODA Global Community Meeting Today. Please join!

SODA Global Community meeting is a regular sync up meeting for discussing all the technical and ecosystem related aspects with all the members of its community. It is open to all.

Detailed Information/Agenda: http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting
When: 26-June, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC
(https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ for getting your local time. Select (UTC) on the left side)
 -
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

[Meeting Reminder] SODA Global Community Meeting - 26-June, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
We have the SODA Global Community Meeting Today. Please join!

SODA Global Community meeting is a regular sync up meeting for discussing all the technical and ecosystem related aspects with all the members of its community. It is open to all.

Detailed Information/Agenda: http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting
When: 26-June, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC
(https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ for getting your local time. Select (UTC) on the left side)
 -
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

[Meeting Notes] SODA Global Community Meeting - 12-June, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear Friends,
Thanks a lot for joining the SODA Foundation Global Community Meeting today.
Please find the summary of the meeting:

1. MultiCloud Design Review [Fileshare support]
     > Reviewed the initial design and demo on the basic fileshare list api

2. Multicloud Dashboard Issue with s3 compatibility integration - updates
     > Discussed on the signature issue from Dashboard for large file upload
     > PR where it is discussed https://github.com/sodafoundation/dashboard/pull/303
   > HELP NEEDED! Please ping if you have NodeJS expertise in #general slack

3. Heterogeneous Resource Manager API
    > Due to lack of time, we could not discuss. Please check it offline

4. CSI Plug and Play
> Focus to update the design and build a basic prototype for the upcoming release
> If you are interested please ping in slack #csi-plugnplay

5. SODA Q2 Faroe Release Updates
     > Testing in progress and target to release by 27th June  (https://github.com/orgs/sodafoundation/projects)
> SODA Launch on 29th June in OSS NA by Linux Foundation. SODA has a keynote session by Steven.
    > HELPNEEDED! Testing and Documentation for the release, please ping us in slack #general

Stay Safe and Have a nice weekend!
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

Invitation: SODA Global Community Meeting (Biweekly) @ Fri Jun 12, 2020 12pm - 1pm (IST) (general@lists.sodafoundation.io)

Sanil Kumar

You have been invited to the following event.

SODA Global Community Meeting (Biweekly)

When
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12pm – 1pm India Standard Time - Kolkata
Where
https://zoom.us/j/854038970 (map)
Calendar
general@...
Who
skdsanil@... - organizer
常松伸哉
akhil.mohan@...
yusuf.yildiz@...
Kiran Mova
tkanai@...
masanori.itoh@...
Andres Monje
soumik.ghosh4@...
Rupal Shirpurkar
Liang Sun
Mukund Bihari
wim.jacobs@...
general@...
p.sainath@...
Hi, Please join the soda global community meeting. (Previously this was opensds technical meeting)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/854038970
Meeting ID: 854 038 970
Agenda and Details : http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting
(You can comment your suggestions/topics)

Thank You!

One tap mobile
+81345781488,,854038970# Japan
+81524564439,,854038970# Japan

Dial by your location
        +81 3 4578 1488 Japan
        +81 524 564 439 Japan
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
        +44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
        +44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
        +44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
        +44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
        +852 5808 6088 Hong Kong, China
Meeting ID: 854 038 970
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aea9Kwt5JJ

Going (general@...)?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account general@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.

Invitation: SODA Global Community Meeting (Biweekly) @ Every 2 weeks from 12pm to 1pm on Friday from Fri Jun 12 to Fri Feb 19, 2021 (IST) (general@lists.sodafoundation.io)

Sanil Kumar

You have been invited to the following event.

SODA Global Community Meeting (Biweekly)

When
Every 2 weeks from 12pm to 1pm on Friday from Fri Jun 12 to Fri Feb 19, 2021 India Standard Time - Kolkata

Going (general@...)?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account general@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to send a response to the organizer and be added to the guest list, or invite others regardless of their own invitation status, or to modify your RSVP. Learn More.

[Meeting Reminder] SODA Global Community Meeting - 12-June, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
We have the soda global community meeting.
Please join!
When: 12-June, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC
Zoom Link:  https://zoom.us/j/854038970
Information/Agenda: http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simpler!"

Please suggest names for SODA Projects...!

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Thanks a lot for responding to the survey for Next SODA Release Name! We will announce the name soon.
Now you have a chance to Name some of the SODA Foundation Projects as well!
We are in the process of finalizing the names for two of our projects. Shoot your suggestions here!
https://bit.ly/namesodaprojectsJun2020
Stay Safe and Happy.
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simple and better, today, tomorrow and always!"

[Meeting Notes] SODA Global Community Meeting - 29-May, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
Thanks a lot for joining the SODA Global Community Meeting.
Please find the summary:
1. Test Automation Framework Demo (Rahul / Prakash)
> Looks useful for REST API/API testing
> Currently can add under github.com/sodafounfation/qa repo as experimental
> Use to add more API testing using this for Q2 release to improve the quality
> Analyse test framework after Q2 release to improve (like ginkgo in go)

2. CloudBrain Block Storage integration of SODA API, Controller and Dock demo - Roshan

3. Please provide your inputs for next SODA Release name:) : http://bit.ly/namesodarelease

Stay Safe and Have a nice weekend!
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simple and better, today, tomorrow and always!"

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 6:14 PM Sanil Kumar <skdsanil@...> wrote:
Dear All,
We have the soda global community meeting tomorrow.
Please join!
When: 29-May, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC
Zoom Link:  https://zoom.us/j/854038970
Information/Agenda: http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simple and better, today, tomorrow and always!"

[Meeting Reminder] SODA Global Community Meeting - 29-May, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC - ZoomID: 854038970

Sanil Kumar

Dear All,
We have the soda global community meeting tomorrow.
Please join!
When: 29-May, 2020 Friday 6.30am-7.30am UTC
Zoom Link:  https://zoom.us/j/854038970
Information/Agenda: http://bit.ly/sodaglobalcommunitymeeting
-
Thanks and Regards
Sanil.
"Lets make things simple and better, today, tomorrow and always!"

Name for the Next SODA Release..

Sanil Kumar

Dear Friends,
Please suggest a name for the next SODA Release.
bit.ly/namesodarelease
This survey will close on 31st May, 23:59 PST
Stay Safe, Stay Happy.
Thank you
-SODA Team.

41 - 60 of 109