From:        "Steven Tan" <steven@...>
To:        "general@..." <general@...>
Cc:        <tsuneo.takagi@...>, "'力石高綱'" <tchikaraishi@...>, <tchikaraishi@...>, David Allen <david.j.allen@...>, Jason Feist <jason.m.feist@...>, <toru.takano@...>, Natalie Fine <nfine@...>, "赵鹏慧" <zhaopenghui1935@...>
Date:        09/23/2020 12:56 PM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [SODA GB] Press Release: Welcome New Members Seagate & JDSF and upcoming Greenland release
Sent by:        board@...

Hi All Please join me in welcoming Seagate Technology and Japan Data Storage Forum...
This Message Is From an External Sender

Hi All

Please join me in welcoming Seagate Technology and Japan Data Storage Forum (JDSF) to SODA Foundation

As the industry leader in data storage and management solutions, Seagate participation is instrumental to the growth of the open data autonomy ecosystem.

JDSF is the leading storage-related organization in Japan, its participation helps SODA aligns its roadmap with the needs of manufacturers, systems integrators and users in Japan and beyond.

“We see the SODA Foundation’s open source approach to data movement and management API’s enabling hybrid cloud storage architecture management as key to datasphere growth,” said Ken Claffey, Vice President, Enterprise Data Solutions, Seagate Technology.”

“The SODA Foundation represents a global collaboration on the future of data mobility in every environment,” said Takatsuna Chikaraishi, Chairman at JDSF. “It’s a natural move for us to join the Foundation and help advance an open data framework for everyone.”

I am also happy to announce the upcoming Open Data Framework Greenland release

It includes Storage Performance Monitoring (SPM), SODA CSI plug-and-play, multi-cloud file services, KubeEdge integration and file support for NetApp ONTAP, among others.

  • SPM offers a unified view in heterogeneous storage environments and integrates with tools such as Prometheus and Kafka to provide deep visibility and insights into cloud native environments.
  • SODA CSI plug-and-play enables multi-vendor CSI storage to be managed by the SODA Open Data Framework, simplifying storage management for Kubernetes.
  • Multi-cloud file services offer support for Google Cloud Platform in addition to AWS and Azure
  • KubeEdge integration experimental feature provides a first glimpse into edge data
  • management with SODA.
  • File Support for NetApp ONTAP and more South Bound Drivers enables more on-premise Data Center use cases.

Below is the full press release:

https://sodafoundation.io/announcements/soda-foundation-announces-new-framework-release-to-support-data-mobility-from-edge-to-core-to-cloud-welcomes-new-members/

Regards,

STEVEN TAN

SODA Foundation Chairman

steven@...

Re: Press Release: Welcome New Members Seagate & JDSF and upcoming Greenland release

Rupal Shirpurkar

Welcome Seagate and JDSF team to SODA foundation.

Kudos to the entire team on Greenland release milestone!

We are moving SODA forward leading the storage industry with our strength and unique approach.

Regards

Rupal Shirpurkar

Business Head (Cloud BU – APAC )  | Click2Cloud Inc. | www.click2cloud.net

Email: rupal.shirpurkar@... |  Mobile: +1 (425) 999-1964, +91 9595398119|in

[...]

Steven Tan

[...]

Re: 答复: [SODA General] SODA Online Meetup on 12th September 2020

Xin Zhong(联通集团联通云数据有限公司本部) <Zhongx15@...>

​Hi,

It's a pity I missed this online meetup. Can you give me the slides of all the speech? Thanks!